Course Introduction - Health & Well Being
Learning in health and wellbeing ensures that our pupils develop the knowledge and understanding, skills, capabilities and attributes which they need for mental, emotional, social and physical wellbeing now and in the future.
Who is the course for?
All S1 and S2 pupils
The H&WB course in S1/2 creates a learning environment that supports pupils to:
• meet challenges, manage change and build relationships
• experience personal achievement and build resilience and confidence
• understand and develop physical, mental and spiritual wellbeing and social skills
• understand how what they eat, how active they are and how decisions they make about their behaviour and relationships affect their physical and mental wellbeing
• participate in a wide range of activities which promote a healthy lifestyle
• understand that adults in their school community have a responsibility to look after them, listen to their concerns and involve others where necessary
• learn about where to find help and resources to inform choices
• assess and manage risk and understand the impact of risk-taking behaviour
• reflect on their strengths and skills to help them make informed choices when planning their next steps
• acknowledge diversity and understand that it is everyone’s responsibility to challenge discrimination.
What is H&WB?
Personal Health Plan/Highland Games
Bullying, Cyberbullying, Internet Safety
HWB Numeracy/Literacy Tasks
Sexual Health & Relationships
Personal Identity/Self Esteem
Planning for Choices and Change – Puberty
Heart-start First Aid
Nutrition – Healthy Eating = Healthy Heart
Substance Misuse – Drugs/Alcohol/Tobacco
Emotional & Mental HWB
Inspire Aspire – Global Citizenship