NATIONAL 5 - COURSE CONTENT
1 Perform music in a range of music styles by:
- Developing musical and technical skills, showing an understanding of the composer’s intentions for the piece.
- Identifying the strengths and areas for improvement in their performing.
1 Create original music by:
- Understanding how a range of compositional methods and music concepts are used by composers and the influences on their work.
- Experimenting and using music concepts and compositional methods in creative ways to develop, refine and create original music.
- Developing musical ideas that make musical sense and realise their creative intentions.
- Self-reflecting on their music and their creative choices and decisions.
1 Recognise and identify music concepts and styles by:
- Identifying and distinguishing between level specific concepts in excerpts of music.
- Identifying and analysing the social and cultural influences that have influenced the distinctive sounds and structure of specific musical styles.
- Identifying and understanding the meaning of music signs, symbols and terms